Saturday, December 29, 2012

Birthday Cake Compromise

What do you do for a birthday cake when a 7 year old little girl shares a birthday with an 18 year old big brother? That is the question I pondered this past November 1st. Manda wanted a castle cake. Terran didn’t really care but I didn’t feel right about having pink and purple fairytale spires for him. LOL So, this is what I finally came up with…
I used a square cake topped with a dome shaped cake baked in our Pampered Chef classic batter bowl. It is surrounded by cupcakes and cakes baked in ice cream cones, frosted and topped with more ice cream cones. Then I washed some of the boys’ lego figures in soapy water and used them to decorate the castle. There’s a pretty major battle going on, complete with opposing dragons!
The best part was they both liked their cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment