Thursday, February 12, 2009

One Of My Favorite Things

In addition to our 8 special blessings here in our home on earth, we have three special blessings waiting for us in our mansion in heaven.
Victoria Ruthanne (Tori) born into heaven July '00
Sarah Morganne Laine born into heaven Mar '01
Stephen Matthias born into heaven May '03
One night in 2001, after I'd lost the first two children, the Lord gave me a dream in which I was able to go for a visit to that mansion the Lord is preparing for me in heaven. I don't know how biblically accurate it was, but I believe it was given for my comfort.
It was a beautiful house. :) I love to plan out dream houses, plotting floorplans on graph paper. This house was all of those dream houses and then some.
My Gramma was there. She went to be with the Lord in 97, the same year my Lissa was born, the day after her 80th birthday. She was a mentor to me especially in sewing and I've often wished she'd lived to see where the Lord has taken my sewing through Daddy's Little Princess. I think she'd be thrilled. :) In my dream she helped me sew for DLP. Wouldn't that be awesome to really be able to do that in heaven someday?
Best of all, all my children were there. I got to hold and nurse baby Sarah and snuggle up with her in a comfy chair. I got to listen to little Tori reading to me out of the Dick and Jane reader. One scene that stayed especially clear to me was in the kitchen. Gramma was sitting in my antique rocking chair, the light spilling in the french doors to the garden behind her. In her lap was a bowl of apples she was peeling as she planned to bake an apple pie with Tori - the same way she'd baked with me so often when I was little. Gramma looked just like she had when I was little - dark hair, pretty face, always wearing her apron. In my dream, little Tori leaned up against Gramma eating one of the apples, asking if she could help. It brought tears to my eyes, it was so beautiful.
I don't think I told anyone about the dream then - not even my husband, so it was with wonderfully surprised and happy tears that my dear husband confirmed God's comfort to me not long after on our anniversary, when he brought in a beautiful art print to hang on the wall.
The print is by Loren Entz and it's called Apple of Her Eye.



Isn't God Amazing!
It now hangs in a very special place in our livingroom. To me, it will always be a picture of Gramma and Tori making an apple pie in our mansion in heaven!

Here is a song I wrote a few years back, thinking of the babies we'd lost through miscarriage.
http://www.daddys-little-princess.com/LittleOne.mp3 I pray it might be a blessing to you or someone you know.

2 comments:

  1. Your story absolutely touches my heart in a way so deep, so rich, so God.

    God Bless You,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete