Friday, February 20, 2009

Story of a Song - 2


You Are My Everything
This was one of the first songs I wrote. We were stationed in Sicily and Mike had just extended for another year there. I knew it was the right decision to stay, but still I was lonely - missing family - missing friends.
God was just beginning to teach me in those days to really truly rely on Him, not on others, or wallowing in my feelings. He reminded me that He alone is there always with me. He truly is my all in all. This simple song of praise came out of that.
chorus: You are my God. You are my King. You are my Everything.
Oh, Lord, You are my God. You are my King. You are my Everything.
vs. 1: Oh Lord, I've come from the depths, not on my own part,
but only by Thy grace.
You've lifted me up and that's why I can say,
"I want You in my life. I want You as my Lord."
chorus: You are my God. You are my King. You are my Everything.
Oh, Lord, You are my God. You are my King. You are my Everything.
vs. 2: Oh Lord, may my life be always set before You
as a living sacrifice.
May the words of my mouth and thoughts within my heart
be pleasing in Your sight. I love You, Lord, my life!
chorus: You are my God. You are my King. You are my Everything.
Oh, Lord, You are my God. You are my King. You are my Everything.

1 comment:

  1. Heidi,
    That is beautiful! I am always amazed how some people seem to have the gift of prose. Perhaps it's my unquenchable desire to read (and listen to music) while feeling like I am ill-equipped to do either of the things I love.

    ReplyDelete